Often many solutions to these issues is medication, and to up the medication on 'bad days'. You will have read in some of our previous articles that we often feel medication has a tendency to 'mask' the issue and doesn't, for some anyway, help to resolve the issue in hand. Medication can often result in an individual suffering from 'go slow or dopey days' making them look as if they are almost walking on a different planet which can make others (who are supposedly normal ) make fun of the sufferer even more than normal. However, the effect of this negative kind of attitude given by supposedly 'normal' individuals can make the sufferer feel even worse and more shy resulting in them being unable to cope with their workload or school work because of this kind of 'silent attack' on their visual behaviour.
Let us give a couple of examples, if nothing else but to see if they ring any bells with you. If they do then we hope you will help the sufferer by supporting them and by making the public or the sufferers family and friends more aware of how their reaction can effect them both at home, at work or at school/college or play.
Ultimately we would like to ask you to guide them towards better behaviour so that the sufferer is not put through any more unnecessary turmoil! however, if you find you are unable to get through to them, please, please contact us so that we can add some extra light on the matter.
So what is it that can have a detrimental effect on sufferers . .
- What goes on behind closed doors . . . . There is not a truer statement than this. Often we don't see what is said or done behind these doors/walls (unless you are a next door neighbour and the walls are thin) but you may go in the next day to see a friend or Client who suffers from such a health issue and note they are extra tired or just not connecting that well or seem flustered . . but often not knowing why they are like this. . . . many people just put it down to their health issue, where as infact it is quite the reverse - it is other people's issues that effect the sufferer.
- What goes on with silent body language . . . . . again, this can have a dreadful effect on sufferers but we would say this is fractionally more common in adolescent years rather than older years. When given the silent treatment or visual face to face disapproval the inner turmoil that a sufferer can feel is unthinkable. However, in saying this, at the end of the day, the 'givers' of this treatment are often ten times more insecure than the sufferer, it's as if, at that stage in their life, they have a need to show power (control) and often, unfortunately have their little followers or 'sheep' who copy this negative behaviour resulting in 'group' bullying or negative energy is aimed at the sufferer which makes them suffer from more confidence related issues.
- Another frequent issue is when youths are brought up in a 'controlling family unit ' this can often breed to a 'controlling' attitude and a need to ridicule who ever and wherever - we feel, in this day and age that the 'controlling' family unit is unnecessary but unfortunately it does exist, however, if we see this happening we have been known to nip this type of behaviour in the bud whether it be in a public place or family unit, although this is handled sensitively or with 'kid gloves' - sensitive role playing comes in handy in this type of a scenario.
- Silent bullying or/and cyber bullying . . . . . can also have a similar effect and should be discouraged where possible. Again, sensitive role playing can come in handy here.
Now that we have covered a few examples of additional irritations what are the signs . . .
- Behavioural patterns may change slightly or seriously
- Concentration ability may change for the worse
- An inability to fulfill their daily duties
- An inability to walk with confidence
- An inability to communicate with confidence
- A sudden confidence dip
- Obsessions may become more apparent
- An inability to laugh
- An inability to sleep
- An inability to be amongst a group of their peers or work colleagues
- An inability to interact with others/family members/peers/relations
- An inability to look any one in the eye
- Eating disorders
- A change of eating habits
- Toilet issues
- Sickness issues
- Frequent ill health albeit colds/flu's/
- Skin issues
- Wind issues
- Gastric issues
- Acid reflux
- An ability to become more depressed and sensitive
- A tendency to turn to the bottle
are just a few of the many signs . . .
For some the initial illness is generally due to a chemical imbalance or negative experience, such as a car crash, a death, a negative experience, brain over load or, for whatever reason an inability to relax in their own home, bullying at an early stage in school years which continues in to High School . . . to list just a few.
How to resolve the issues .
- Find the key to the individual - we can help with this if you find yourselves stuck
- Encourage everyone to sing from the same song sheet
- Discourage others negative behaviour
- Encourage family support on a level that the sufferer can understand
- Encourage confidence
- Encourage a good diet
- Encourage them to drink more water instead of coffee/tea
- Encourage positive support in the workplace/At home/At school/At University/At college
The people who suffer from such issues all have a wonderfully warm heart and would not hurt a fly, so let's stick up for them and help to give them a voice, at least for the time that they can't do this for themselves . . .
On behalf of many sufferers who suffer from and have suffered from these type of issues, thank you for taking time to read this little article.